Wednesday 24 December 2008

Chilled

Just a quick note to wish a happy Christmas to all those who actually take the time to read my ramblings. If I knew where you lived, I'd post you all a card and buy you a drink, but that isn't an option so this will have to suffice!

I haven't been posting much recently, as Patent Offices do go gaily about their business issuing letters in late August and September each year without realising what a 4 or 3 month deadline set on 25 August or September really means. So this time of year is actually quite busy for me - with the same workload but much less time to do it in, and (unlike summer holidays) no-one to pass the work to in my absence, things can get quite frantic.

Which is why this post is going out now. It's Christmas Eve, all my deadlines are ticked off, and my files are tucked away until the New Year. Work is no longer the main worry creasing my brow, and safe in the knowledge that none of my clients are working either, I can relax, potter about the office tidying all those little things that you never get round to, then sneak off home early knowing that the backlog is not building up for my return. This is when I start to feel genuinely Christmassy.

So, best wishes to you all. Enjoy the break!



------------------------------------------
Postscript: Tsk tsk ... why is it that the exact few days that I stop watching everyone's blogs, E-K posts that
he needs a Patent Attorney... ::[rollseyes]::

2 comments: